Parenting Styles of Fishermen and Female Migrant Workers (TKW) Families in Instilling Religious Characters for the Children’s
This study aims to determine the types of parenting for the families of fishermen and Female Migrant Workers (TKW) as well as the driving and inhibiting factors in the formation of religious character in children. This research is a field research using a qualitative approach. The data in this study were obtained through interviews, observation, and documentation. The results of this study indicate that: First, the parenting styles used by several mothers in fishermen families are authoritarian, militaristic, democratic, purposeful, and paternalistic. The parenting styles used by fathers in TKW families are role-transfer, laissez-faire, transactional, and affiliation. Second, there are several driving and inhibiting factors in the formation of religious character in children. These factors are the structure of the physical environment, social environment, educational environment, psychological atmosphere in the family, socio-culture in the family, and parental control of their children. The success of these factors is influenced by parent’s attention. Parents who care about their children tend to have success in all elements of environmental structures. On the other hand, parents who are indifferent to their families tend to fail in all elements of structures.
Al-Misri, Abul Fadhal Jamaluddin Muhammad ibn Makram ibn Manzur al-Afriqi. Lisan al-Arab, Jilid 4. Beirut: Daru Sadir, 1405 H.
Al-Nashr, M. Sofyan. “Pendidikan Keluarga Dalam Pemikiran Sahal Mahfudh.” BUANA GENDER : Jurnal Studi Gender dan Anak 1, no. 2 (December 30, 2016): 99.
Amaruddin, Hidar, dkk. “Peran Keluarga Dan Media Sosial Dalam Pembentukan Karakter Santun Siswa Di Sekolah Dasar.” Jurnal Pendidikan Karakter 10 (2020): 33.
Aziz, Nailul Ghufron. “Relevansi Konseptual Model Hadits Pendidikan Karakter Dalam Keluarga Perspektif Kitab Adab Al-Mufrad dan Tarbiyah Al-Aulad Fi Al-Islam Terhadap Konteks Kekinian.” Islamic Review : Jurnal Riset dan Kajian Keislaman (2019).
Az-Zarnuji. Ta’lim Al-Muta’allim. Surabaya: Nurul Huda, n.d.
Bungin, Burhan. Metodologi Penelitian: Format-Format Kuantitatif dan Kualitatif. Surabaya: Airlangga University Press, 2005.
Djamarah, Bahri. Pola Asuh Orang Tua dan Komunikasi dalam Keluarga. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta, 2014.
Jalaluddin. Psikologi Agama: Memahami Perilaku dengan Mengaplikasikan Prinsip-prinsip Psikologi. Jakarta: Rajawali Press, 2016.
Kementrian Agama Republik Indonesia. Alwasim Al-Qur’an Tajwid Kode, Transliterasi Per Kata, Terjemah Per Kata. Bekasi: Cipta Bagus Segara, 2013.
Lickona, Thomas. Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Respect and Responsibility. New York: Bantam Books, 1991.
Majma’ al-Lughah al-‘Arabiyyah. al-Mu’jam al-Wariz. Kairo: Dar al-Tsaqafah, 1411 H.
Manser, Martin H. Oxford Advanced Learne’s Dictionary. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006.
Nurlatifah, Novia Nusti, dkk. “Pendidikan Karakter Anak Usia Dini Pada Keluarga Tanpa Ayah.” Jurnal Edukids 17 (2020): 42.
Pusat Bahasa Departemen Pendidikan Nasional. Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia, Cet IV. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka, 2007.
Shochib. Pola Asuh Orang Tua. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta, 2014.
Sugiyono. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan: Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R & D. Bandung: Alfabeta, 2010.
Sukmadinata, Nana Syaodih. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya, 2010.
Ulwan, Nashih. Tarbiyah al-Aulaad fi al-Islaam, Juz I. Kairo: Daar as-Salaam, 1996.
Zuhri. “Aksiologi Nilai Pendekatan dan Strategi Penanaman Nilai dalam Pendidikan Islam (Keadilan, Tolong Menolong, Tanggung Jawab).” Jurnal Islamic Review 9 (2020): 142
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Islamic Review: Jurnal Riset dan Kajian Keislaman agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.